Oak “Being solid in everything that you do!”
Bay “Infinitely flowing like a body of water!”
Effective June 20, 2019
Welcome to Oakbay (oakbayfits.com).
Who We Are
“We” are Oakbayfits.com, a company founded in Los Angeles, California. We offer Oakbayfits.com products online and through retail stores around the world. Supreme is the sole owner of this website, www.oakbayfits.com (the “Site”), the Oakbay mobile site (the “App”) and the services available through them (collectively, the Site, the App, and the services available through them are the “Services”).
What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
Disclosures to Third Parties
Other Important Information
How to Contact Us
What This Policy Covers
- our Site and App;
- our emails with you; and
- any forms, online or otherwise, you submit directly to us.
Supreme has an active and vibrant community who buy and discuss our products and our drops. As part of this community, you should be aware that Supreme sells authorized Oakbay products only through its official Site, App and retail stores. Other venues, online or offline, that reference Oakbay products are not affiliated with or controlled by Supreme and we do not control their activities.
Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
We collect and use your data, including automatically collected data described in the Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies section below, as follows:
- To provide our Services. We use your information to provide, maintain and improve our Services and to develop new services (e.g., to process your orders and to administer or troubleshoot our Services).
- To sell and deliver our products. You give us your name, mailing address, credit card details, and email address to send you the products you purchase from us.
- To let you know about in-store events. You can register for in-store events by providing your name, email address, credit card information and mobile number (e.g., to validate your identity and send a text to let you know whether you have a place at the event).
- To send you product or promotional information. We use your email address to send you messages regarding our releases, products and other information we think may interest you.
- To authenticate your identity. We will use your information to validate your identity or residence (e.g., if you contact us for information about your orders or request access under the GDPR).
- For research and analytics. We will use your information to analyze how you view our products and to evaluate individual and collective use of our Services and interest in our products.
- For other lawful purposes. We may otherwise use information about you for legal, regulatory and other lawful purposes. For example, we may use your information to protect people from physical harm, to protect our rights and property, to protect our brand, and for anti-fraud and anti-money-laundering purposes. We also collect footage using CCTV cameras in our stores to ensure safety and to prevent and detect crime. If we are requested to provide CCTV images by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, we will do so consistent with our legal obligations.
- With your consent. We will use your information for any other disclosed purposes or with your consent.
We also aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We use de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including promotional partners.
Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
We use common online technologies to automatically collect information about the computer or devices you use to access the Services. As described further below, we may collect and analyze information such as (1) IP addresses, location information, unique device identifiers, IMEI and TCP/IP address, and other information about your computer or device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, mobile device carrier information, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (2) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit web pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, statistical information about the use of the Services, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
We also collect data about your use of the Services through the use of Internet server logs, cookies and/or tracking pixels. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website, that enables us to: (1) recognize your computer; (2) store your preferences and settings; (3) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (4), enhance your user experience by delivering content and advertisements specific to your inferred interests; (5) perform searches and analytics; and (6) assist with security administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions or clicks, measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. We also may include web beacons in email messages, newsletters, and other electronic communications to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics, personalization, and advertising. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
We also use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics and Mixpanel) on our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above and to engage in auditing, research or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described in this section will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. You can opt out of Mixpanel’s automatic retention of data by clicking here.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs, to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry continues to define the concept and develop a common approach. You can learn more about Do Not Track at http://allaboutdnt.com/.
Disclosures to Third Parties
We disclose your data, including automatically collected data described in the Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies section above, as follows:
- To vendors that work on our behalf.
- To law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process or in our discretion, unless otherwise prohibited by law, to protect human safety, our rights or the rights of others, and to prevent fraud.
- To meet certain legal compliance requirements (e.g., AML (anti-money laundering) laws).
- As part of a sale or merger of our business assets, including in contemplation of such transactions (e.g., due diligence).
- We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for research, compliance, promotional or other purposes.
We do not otherwise transfer that information to third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
- You may contact us at the contact information below any time to update the personal data we have about you (e.g., your name, shipping address, email address, or phone number).
- You may choose not to receive promotional emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email. Though please note that you may continue to receive administrative or confirmation emails relating to your purchases.
- You may choose not to receive text messages by contacting us at the contact information below.
- You may use the tools in your browser or manage cookies as described in more detail above in the Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies section.
- If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), you have certain rights to access information that identifies you as defined by applicable laws. Please see below for details.
We take steps to protect information that identifies you using physical, technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. While we work to keep information secure, we cannot warrant or guarantee its security. You remain responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over the Internet.
Our Services are intended for general audiences and are not targeted to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as practicable.
Other Important Information
Supreme is a global company and your information may be processed in the United States or other countries where we or our service providers have operations. We may receive data collected locally by affiliated companies and collect data online directly from individuals in countries around the world. We may process that data on servers globally. If you are located in the EEA, please see below for more details.
Our Services may contain links to or be accessed from other websites or apps not owned or controlled by Supreme. Those sites or apps may collect information about you. Supreme is not responsible for their practices or content, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
How to Contact Us
Responsibility for Data About You
Oakbay is the data controller for all data collected from Supreme’s online properties. Depending on the EEA store(s) with which you interact, 1994 Ltd. and/or Cherry S.A. may be a data controller for the personal data collected through Supreme stores. We reserve the right to update this information from time to time as we open stores in additional countries.
We collect, use, and disclose your data as described above. You do not have a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any information, but if you do not provide us with such information, you will not be able to access or obtain certain services (for example, without your shipping address, we cannot send Supreme products to you).
Legal Bases for Processing
Under the GDPR, we process your personal data on the following legal grounds:
- To Honor Our Contractual Commitments to You. Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our customers (for example, fulfilling orders).
- Legitimate Interests. In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Customer service
- Providing products and release updates
- Protecting our customers, personnel, and property
- Managing legal or regulatory issues
We may also process personal data for the same legitimate interests of our clients and business partners.
- Legal Compliance. We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- Consent. Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of consent. Where we handle your personal data on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
We will retain data about you as long as you are as necessary to provide our products and Services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Your information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time. If you choose to provide us with personal data, we encourage you to routinely update the data to ensure that we have accurate and current information about you.
Supreme transfers personal data to countries outside the EEA, including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA.
Your Rights and Choices
To learn more about the personal data we collect about you or the rights you may have, please contact us at the contact information above. You may contact us to (1) access or rectify your personal data or request its deletion, (2) request a restriction on the processing of your personal data, (3) object to the processing of your personal data or (4) exercise other rights with respect to your personal data. While we strongly encourage you to first raise any questions or concerns about your personal data directly with us, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
Terms and Conditions
Using this Site
Purchase for Personal Use Only
You may purchase products only for personal use and not for resale. By placing your order, you certify that you are purchasing products for personal use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to refuse orders for any reason without explanation.
Oakbay does not allow cancellations once the order has been placed. All orders are final and cannot be changed after submission. We do our best to ship all packages within 14 days. In the event that your order has not shipped within 14 days, you may reach out to customer service to request a cancellation.
Oakbay will gladly exchange an item for online store credit only. Before sending the item back, please fill out the return form found in your order shipment confirmation within 2 days of receipt of your shipment. Packages sent without first contacting us will not be accepted. Items to be exchanged must be returned in perfect, new condition with all original tags attached. Oakbay must receive the returned item within 7 days of the return authorization.
For any returned items, you will not be refunded the original cost of shipping, and you are responsible for the cost of the return shipping. Items may not be returned or exchanged in person at any Oakbay store location. T-Shirts, Hats, Skateboards, Bags, Accessories, Shoes or Sale Items cannot be returned or exchanged. Oakbay does not assume responsibility for reimbursement or compensation of returned packages lost in transit without proof of delivery to Oakbay.
Copyright & Trademarks
All content of our website including text, graphics, logos, button icons, and images are the property of Oakbay and are protected by the United States and international copyright laws. You may electronically copy and print hard copies of pages from this website solely for personal, non-commercial purposes related to placing an order or shopping with Oakbaysupply.com. Any other use of our website, content, images or information contained therein, including reproduction and internet links, is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission.
Oakbayfits.com uses secure processing called SSL Encryption Technology, which is the industry standard. SSL(Secure Sockets Layer) is a protocol developed for the transmission of private information over the internet. SSL uses a private key to encrypt your data, including your credit card information so that it cannot be read while being transferred over the internet.
Oakbayfits.com respects our customers account information as private and confidential information and will never share this with any outside afflictions or individuals. Your information is secured and encrypted with the Secure Socket Layer Software.
At this time, we are only accepting orders from residents that live in the U.S.A. and Canada.
All orders are shipped via UPS Ground. The shipping rate to the contiguous 48 U.S. states is $10. The shipping rate to Alaska and Hawaii is $25. Orders for Canada are charged a flat rate $20 fee for UPS expedited shipping and a Canadian Surcharge to cover all GST, HST, Duty, and Brokerage. Canadian customers will not incur any additional charges upon delivery. There is an additional $4 surcharge per skateboard, due to the size of the item. Please note that UPS does not deliver to APO/FPO addresses or P.O. boxes.
Please allow 3-5 business days for order processing and verification, and an additional 7-10 business days for delivery. Skateboards, bags, shoes, and accessories may ship separately. Please note that if your items are shipped separately, you may receive multiple tracking number emails. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged shipments. All shipments are insured, and the buyer assumes all responsibilities of claims made with the shipping carrier.
Please check back with us periodically for any updates regarding our shipping policies.
Sales Tax is charged to the orders shipped within the state of California. All apparel including hats and footwear under $110 are tax exempt. For apparel, hats, and footwear over $110, the applicable tax rate is 8.875%. Bags and accessories are not considered apparel and are taxable. The applicable tax rate for bags and accessories is 8.875%. Shipping is also taxed.
Sales Tax is charged to those orders shipped within the state of California. The applicable tax rates vary by locality. Shipping is also taxed.
Sales Tax is charged to orders shipped to Canada. The Canadian Surcharge covers all Goods and Services Tax (GST), Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), Duty and Brokerage. Canadian customers will not incur any additional charges upon delivery. Shipping is also taxed.
Sales tax is not charged to orders shipped outside of California.
customer service hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm PST